If you have been referred because of a gynaecological
problem, Dr Hanafy will put your mind at ease not only by explaining the problem in simple terms,
but also by discussing various treatment options. If you require surgical procedure, Dr Hanafy will
ensure you fully understand why the surgery is required and what other options are available to you.
The surgery including pros and cons, potential risks, hospital stay, ongoing treatment, and recovery
will be fully discussed with you before you sign the consent.
If you are insured, your surgery will take place at John Flynn Private Hospital
There will be no out of pocket cost for Dr Hanafy or his assistant’s fees.
Please note that hospital stay anaesthetist/paediatrician/other specialist if required,
may incur an additional out of pocket costs (gap). Should you have any enquiries please feel
free to contact us on 07 5598 0316 or John Flynn Hospital on 07 5598 9000.
– Referral letter from GP, family physician or other doctor
– Medicare card, DVA card, Pension Card
– Have your Private Hospital Insurance information with you
– Copies of results, x-rays, MRI’s. CT scans etc and any other relevant information
Facilities in the Rooms
– Pelvic ultrasound
– Facilities to perform minor gynaecological procedures
– Minimally invasive surgical procedures
– Abnormal pap smears
– Menstrual problems
Other Gynaecological Conditions Include
– Urinary incontinence
– Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
– Ovarian cysts
– Postmenopausal bleeding
– Genital tract lesions
– Genital tract infections
– Chronic pelvic pain
– Painful intercourse
Should you require an operation, this may be performed at:
– John Flynn Private Hospital – Tugun
– Tweed Hospital – Tweed Heads (uninsured patients)