Dr Hanafy endeavours to provide an extremely compassionate, honest and dedicated approach to every one of our expectant mothers. Dr Hanafy and staff will ensure you, your partner and baby receive the highest quality care. We believe in a woman’s-centred approach where you empowered to make the right choice.
Dr Hanafy offers all types of natural birth including water, calm and, hypno-birthing. This in addition to assisted and operative deliveries.
We understand that giving birth is exciting and enjoyable time, which also may be clouded with fear and anxiety.
Our goal is “Healthy Mother and Healthy Baby”, which is only achievable by providing you with highest level of care.
Dr Ash has no limited number for antenatal patient referrals hence will be available to assist you.
What to Expect with your Antenatal Visits
– 6 – 12 weeks: First visit
– 20 weeks: Please complete your hospital admission booklet or use the online booking form at www.johnflynnprivate.com.au.
– 12 – 28 weeks: your appointment is every four weeks
– 28 – 36 weeks: you appointment is every two weeks
– 36- delivery: your appointment is weekly
– Post-natal visit: 6-8 weeks following the delivery
Please note the frequency of appointments maybe less or more and will be individualised for your best care.
On Call Arrangements
I am on call for all my patients Monday to Friday. I participate in a weekend on call roster with two of my colleagues (Dr Shiri Dutt & Dr Geoff Trueman).
Rest assured that your labour and delivery plans will be followed as previously discussed with me.
The consulting rooms are equipped with a modern ultrasound machine. Ultrasound examinations are offered at each visit to monitor your baby’s growth.
– Cardiotocographic machine (CTG), fetal heart monitor
– Blood tests on site
– Radiological services on site
– Queensland Ultrasound for women currently operates from Dr Hanafy’s rooms on Mondays and Thursdays. Their website can be found here: www.qufw.com.au.
– High risk pregnancy
– Multiple pregnancy
– Medical problems during pregnancy
Other Obstetric Conditions Include
– Pre-pregnancy counselling
– Recurrent miscarriage
– Early pregnancy complications
– Vaginal birth after previous caesarean section (VBAC)
– Caesarean delivery
– Postnatal care